View Single Post
Old 24.08.2009, 12:59 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Synthisternation Send a message via Skype™ to Synthisternation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Yep, TI|1 can do Atomizer, the whole shebang.

Access stated with the TI2 that they're taking a different route with the TI|1 over previous Viruses. That they will take the TI|1 as far as they can do alongside TI|2, rather than just dump it with resources still spare. So they included OS v3 to the TI|1 range too.

It's less clear as to exactly what Access' intentions are with the TI|2... Whether it is just a "refresh" or slightly updated version of the TI|1, or whether the TI|2 will actually go further than the TI|1 given time and have new Operating Systems. Absolutely none of us here know, and it muddies the water a bit, particularly so with the price differences at retail between mk1 and mk2 (although Access have categorically said that they haven't altered the wholesale price between mk1 and 2).

But, at this present point in time, the differences really are a 25% CPU boost, and a redesigned, lighter chassis (in terms of weight). The front panel user interface remains the same.
I understand most of what you said with the exception of "mk1 / mk2". I don't know what this means. How much was the t1 when it came out? I think I'm going to buy this used one. Viruses have always done well over time. Seems like they hold their value. So I doubt theres going to be any substantial difference between then t1 and t2 in the future. We wont know for sure though. I appreciate your honesty.