View Single Post
Old 18.07.2013, 06:20 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Really wasn't meaning to come across as an arse to the original poster with my first comment in this thread, it contained a genuine question about part availability, which I have spun off into a second thread for reasons also stated. My second post in thread contained an bit of snark but it was an eye for an eye type of comment. Certainly the comment about soft synths not having this issue was optional, but if we suppress opinions like this, especially points as valid as that one, the process of information exchange is broken.

Most definitely the Ultranova could break (in fact I'd expect it to before a Virus does), and that fact was one of the reasons I was much more willing to spend $600 on a HW synth than $3000. At that price point, my expectations around reliability and part availability are much lower. Even my Remote SL MKII will break at some point, but again it's just a MIDI controller that can be replaced with another MIDI controller at a fraction of the cost of a Virus or Workstation grade synth. Even still, Novation seems to be very active with their product lines and support, whereas Access Music does not seem committed to getting their existing features (TI, specifically) working as advertised, and that again raises a cloud of doubt.

Again, to be clear, the OP said he couldn't get parts. I'm just wondering what does a person do if they can't get parts from Access? Contacting a retailer has been mentioned here, but if I ordered a new Virus TI2 today it would probably be via Amazon (directly from Access' amazon store presence). So in that case, if something breaks and Access won't help, what do I do?