View Single Post
Old 08.04.2010, 05:46 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via ICQ to tranqui
Arrow controlled demolition vs. fatboy slim - weapon of choice remix

hey guys, I just participated in a remix contest of fatboy slim's "weapon of choice" at beatport and would greatly appreciate your feedback - also, if you like the track and happen to have a beatport account, be so kind and vote for it by clicking "SPIN IT" (instructions: see image below).

this remix contest is very special to me because fatboy slim's music was the thing that actually got me started ~10 years ago; my very first demo mixtape (which also got me my first "real" booking) was almost 100% fatboy slim material.

I've made a pretty dance-able dubstep/breaks remix and have also used the acid line from "tweaker's delight" (covered, not sampled). admittedly, the downmix is far from perfect (but it's okay to listen to on headphones); also, the original track is about ~2 mins longer and thus has smoother transitions, but: because beatport demanded 320kbps mp3s and at the same time limited the file size to 11MB, I had to trim it down a bit prior to submitting.

as much as I'd love to win (obviously), I'll already be completely satisfied with Norman Cook himself listening to my remix

thank you & have a good one!

link: Halfway Between the Rhythm and the Worm

Last edited by tranqui : 10.04.2010 at 12:18 PM.