View Single Post
Old 15.06.2005, 10:58 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Re: Virus b Wavetable FAQ?

Hi Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
....but is there any resource that describes the characteristics of them?
Nope. I've even emailed Access who said they have no info on the individual waveforms as to how they were created or which instruments they were sampled from.

Personally I think they did that to cover themselves from copyright issues.

BUT here's an idea! - Maybe if we all go through them with a fine toothcomb, and someone recognises any certain waveforms, we could begin to collate an 'unofficial' list of what each waveform could possibly be... Or, simpler, maybe give the descriptive waveforms names as to what it best sounds like, like "Tubular-Bell type waveform", or similar...

I think a good few of them are (digital) spectral waveshapes as well, though, which bear no such resemblence to recognisable sounds or instruments (ie. possibly created by means of feedback, high resonances, etc.), so we could label these "Spectral 1" or whatever.

So, how's your oscillator waveform general knowledge, chaps?

( PS > I noticed a good few organ waveshapes in there, but I'm not enough of an organ geek to identify them. )