Thread: Too Aggressive?
View Single Post
Old 26.08.2009, 12:41 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

@ kazy producer

As I already said the virus is not only a Techno/Trance synth.....

What you have to know is, that the Virus is a synth and the word means, that you have synthetic sounds. You can have very good sounding instruments sounds like the piano, harp and so one but don't expect a realistic grand piano.

This means, that this is why you can't see in the virus a dedicated style or tone button. The Virus is not a workstation.

The good thing is, that in Virus Control you have a search engine so you can look up for sounds. You can type in bass an all the bass sound apears.

So, I am asking you; what kind of sounds do you want? Piano, violin, electric guitar etc. so the Virus is not the instument for you, go and have a look at a workstation (Roland Fantom X or G, Yamaha XS, KORG M3).

Those workstation have dedicated sounds (Tone, style) so you press one button and you get a realistic grand piano without tweaking or programming.

What I can say is go and have also a look to the ACCESS homepage:
http://www.accessmusic.de/page/rende...thesizers.html

There are some videos and sound examples maybe it will help you to decide if the Virus is a gear for you.

I don't know but I think the Virus won't suit you, you will spent a lot of money and get frustrated because ou won't get the sounds you need in a decent time to have fun. Just my 2cents.

If this post wasn't a help so give us more info about what you are looking for, maybe you also need other sounds than leadsounds.

Cheers