View Single Post
Old 08.03.2010, 04:25 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default A bug that prevents pro music making on PC's. (on practically all TI OS)

Now this has come to the stage, where I feel that other PC users need to know this aswell.

When the VIRUS TI is connected to a PC, it does not, and has not ever been able to remain its pitch - so the pitch will not remain constant, during a songmaking session.

Everyone here can test this for themselves.

1. Open Cubase
2. Set Oscillator balance so, that there is only osc 1 playing.
3. Set Oscillator to Sine wave, and play that from as high a key as possible.
4. (while pressing that high not) Open Devices (Go to Devices Setup) -> VST Audio System - menu, press "Reset ASIO Driver" some times, [..1-15 times will tick the Virus TI off its tuning, and it will start to wander all over..].

Now this is the reason you neither might not have been able to finish your songs with PC - or are not satisfied with the results.

I noticed this only due to having to constantly finetune and retune the instruments in my songs..

This does not ever happen on a MAC and it does not happen ever when the USB cord is not used (..standard MIDI..) - so we are talking about something serious.

I have emailed about this to ACCESS for about a year now, and am only met with ignorance and the unwillingness to sort this thing out. They also have stated that they are not either able or willing to fix this, so that PC users could make music with constant tuning of their synth.

I have tried to help ACCESS fix this behind closed doors, because the way I see it this is mostly embarassing for a synth developer - and I have had the most respect for this company.

Their official explanation has held 2 variations.

1. This is "phase drifting". (Only phase drifting for a single sine wave is virtually impossible)

2. This is analogue emulation algorithm (which for some reason does not happen on a MAC or in Stand Alone mode)

This resembles the companys overall attitude, and ignorance concerning this thing.

..A synth needs to hold its tune - this is the most basic functionality..