View Single Post
Old 01.03.2010, 04:50 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

i may be interpreting this incorrectly, but if you're talking about notes not playing at exactly the same time as you are inputting them when running your Virus in standalone mode (no VC), i have the exact same problem. it seems that the DSP can't handle playing back voices in time when there is significant processor load. in VC mode, playback is better because it has time to buffer (i think). in standalone, it has to do it all in realtime, and shows its true (lack of) power.

as a test, try creating a very basic patch - just 2 standard sawtooth oscillators, no effects, no fancy filters, and play with the amp env release time. should be spot on. then, try changing one of the oscillators to any other oscillator type and do the same. now there should be some noticeable delay. of course, stacking voices will further throw things out of whack.

i've talked to support about this a number of times and it is apparently a known issue, but there is no fix forthcoming. i guess they're focusing all their effort on the VC integration.

so, if you're not using your unit in VC mode, probably best to stick to using it for pads. or keep your patches ridiculously simple.

hope that helps.
cheers, paul.