View Single Post
Old 21.12.2008, 05:48 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

I'm single now, so I will be spending maybe three days with my parents and my sister and her family in Yorkshire. Three days and I more or less max out on Dad's doom-and-gloom outlook. There'll be too much to eat, and the telly will be on too loud (Dad's hearing not so good). I will have two escape devices with me: (a) my acoustic guitar and (b) my lovely Gazelle 'Chamonix' Dutch bicycle.

Dad called the other day and asked if I had got a synthesizer yet, because he 'had a bit more cash than expected' and was wondering about getting me one for Xmas. I said I'd got one . How much was it, he inquired? Dad, I said, let's not go there. What, more than £500? inquired he. Dad... ventured I. Was it more than £1000?... Grrrr! ANyway, why are synths so expensive - after all, it's just a bunch of wires and electrical bits and bobs in a tin box, right?

The Virus will stay behind for Christmas, recovering from the initial onslaught of me, so that its little oscillators and LEDs are nice and fresh for my return from the holidays!