View Single Post
Old 16.08.2013, 01:48 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
The reason for his success is simple. He is running a pro tools HD system which means all the processing power the DAW needs comes from dedicated hardware/pci cards & not the host computer so freeing up most of the computers resources to run VC.
On another note pro tools have now developed a new 64 bit plug in format called aax that a lot of my plug in's are now compatible with. There has been a few people on the official forum asking if access will be making an aax version of VC but no news so far.
Wow, good catch Berni -- I didn't even think about the significance of HD in his post, not being a pro tools user myself. But, is that really the sole reason for success? The problems that I saw were under conditions where the CPU wasn't being stressed at all. The DAW would have had plenty of headroom for processing. I always felt the problem was more that USB 2.0 speeds either weren't being utilized, or (at the time) that I was having some sort of system problem with the USB controller that was introducing latency -- wondering how that problem would go away in his scenario, unless of course the HD hardware has a dedicated USB port that the Virus can plug into? Not familiar enough with protools hardware.