Old 01.05.2005, 03:55 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomonster
i guess i would like to ask
ben crosland
a direct question.

as you have played the TI (maybe at NAMM) how would you compare the TI and the VIRUS C.

i am also finding it hard to wait for the TI, AND sometimes think i should just purchase the C.

do you think i should wait.

Also does the TI sound different slightly when going straight to computer via USB, in comparison to having to go through D/A conversion and then A/D conversion via soundcard, which could slightly alter the sound.

Does it sound more like a softsyth when going through USB.

The demo on the ACCESS SITE-- was that via USB or analog outputs.

is the TI much better than the VIRUS C- oops sorry about such a direct question- but hey!!!!!!
The more I get into wavetable synthesis on the TI, the more I realise the difference in capability compared to the C. The HyperSaw probably makes more of an immediate impact, but wavetables are where it's at for me at the moment. For what it's worth, one of the beta-testers (who shall remain anonymous) told me the other day that he thinks the TI's implementation of wavetable synthesis is better than that of Waldorf's! I can't comment on this, having never owned or played a Waldorf synth, but the person in question doesn't tend to say such things lightly..

As for the difference between analog or USB outputs, I couldn't tell you. I always monitor the sound via the analog outs or headphone socket, regardless of whether I have the Control (plug-in) running or not.

To be honest, I'm not so finnicky about differences as subtle as that, anyway Suffice to say, either way will sound like a Virus

I do not know how Marc recorded the demos.

Anyway, as to which you should buy - if you can afford the TI, wait for that, definitely.