View Single Post
Old 01.03.2004, 09:13 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Thanks for a listen.

The Hammond indeed doesn't fit there. I just put it there as a poor replacement for the pipes. The bass is going to be replaced by a real fretless so the sound gets a bit better on that area too.

I've also made some minor adjustments on that orchestral part. On that clip the oboe sample is retriggered on every note so I changed it to monophonic so the sample continues on legato parts. That gives some more atuhentic feel and it sounds bloody good. Also boosted some of that cello section to accompany that bass.

And what Blank mentioned about sounding too rock, it really doesn't matter since this is a piece of a rock song. In this clip the classical aspect is more dominant than on the other parts, but basicly the rock is dominant on the whole piece. Yesterday I started another orchestration probably for the ending with female vocals and maybe even distorted guitar. I'll post some updated clips later.

Edit: Almost forgot:
Quote:
now to the gripes....dont like the wind sound at all - sounds as if it was put there just for arts sake (if u know what i mean)...never got into that kind of stuff....
Moog wind = progressive.