View Single Post
Old 04.12.2004, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Err - I am listening to Let it rain;

and i'll give it a comment now:

First of all, the beat in the begining of the track makes the track feel like an dnb-track and with those pads; this could acctually become a really nice dnb.

I'd probably use the tb's in a different way here; double the tempo on those 303's and dont let them be running all the time that would create and "dddd"-effect instead of an "d-d d-d" and use them as an 'break' or something like that.

When the 'lead'-part comes in has a more of an trance-feel, which i personally feel is not suitable for this track or maybe as an break in an massive dnb-track since the beats are quite nice in this - maybe some more variation on them. But if you like this you should raise the volume on the lead and get another piano. (but then again, who i am i to complain about bad soundquality)

I think it's missing an part aswell; when it all comes togheter in the song if you know what i mean. With extra everything on it!

Another tip for that intro; i do like the rain-sound (i love rain so) - make it abit longer and add some effects which you just use in the end of the intro - maybe an phaser + flanger and tweak those so you get this really electric-type of sound. Then add some of the beats you got but vary them abit more because if you aren't into dnb-music you could always make this quite an nice breakbeat-track.

However; respect on those tb303!

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/