View Single Post
Old 21.05.2010, 11:05 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

I'm still here!

Many of the top-10 posters haven't logged in for a while, but I think it's entirely for the reasons Digital Screams mentioned. Originally many were in their early 20s with no ties, but most now have kids growing up, missus's to keep happy, jobs to earn cash and houses to look after, etc.. Having a little niece, I appreciate how much time and focus they take!

I would post more in the tech sections myself but I'm limited as most threads are TI-based.

But also, yes, traffic plummeted when Access opened their own forum. I must admit I felt a little less enthused as a result. Not only that but also due to Access being unable to fulfill their t-shirt prize promise for the Plasmatron/Graindance competition, as they had no t-shirts to give. Wasn't bothered for myself, but Shortbus (the other winner) I feel for. I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly gutted seeing as how much support and free press Sunesha/Infekted has given Access over the years.

Regards the site, currently I'm solely looking after the forums. Luckily it's not that expensive, only $10 per month plus domain hosting. I'd like to do more, but although I understand basic HTML and CSS unfortunately I don't know PHP, and the entire site is PHP based (after inheriting the site from Drammy, the jedi web guru ) so am limited as to what I can achieve at this point.

Where to go from here? For now I will keep the site running indefinately. I think it would also be good to be open to any/all ideas that anyone may have. The site has always been the community's rather than an owners' as such, so if it can evolve with the support from others and draw back web-traffic I'm all for it! Would love to hear your input. The Plasmatron and Graindance patch challenge was great, so we really should do another again I feel, but I'm unsure about prizes for winners.

Am currently off on holiday from tomorrow until the 29th, unfortunately with no internet access though, so be good while I'm away. (Haha, as if.)

Speak to you all soon.