View Single Post
Old 20.06.2008, 10:52 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
arndt,

i won't attempt to change your opinion on total integration even though it kind of saddens me when people state it doesn't work even though it does for the most of us.

you say that the TI range is overpriced. well, if you compare the TI to a second hand model you might get this impression but since the TI essentially costs the same like the C did (when you remove compensation for inflation and currency exchange) i don't understand where you're coming from.

i have my own opinion on what i would get but since i'm working for Access i leave you guys to this discussion. all i can say is that i'm personally tired of the sound of pure Virtual Analogue so i spend much more time using the new oscillators in the Snow than the old ones.

best, marc
Hey Marc,

Adjusting for inflation and currency exchange when doing synth price comparisons is certainly a sound thing to consider doing, especially considering the U.S. dollar's poor performane in the past few years. Dollar for dollar a Virus gives you more functionality and better sound than any synth I have ever played, hands down.

There is also one BIG risk in buying used: The synth stops working shortly after you buy it. This happened to our own Digital Screams after buying a DX7 mkii a year or so ago, at a pretty penny too if I remember correctly.

Also, it is important to be able to differentiate when something does not work, VS, when it is a new piece of gear that the owner does not know how to work yet. Frustration is quick to manifest, and patience slow to prevail.

ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile