View Single Post
Old 12.08.2004, 05:43 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default John Bleak - Resting Here With Me (demo clip)

The story behind this version is really, really, really weird.

First see this: http://www.sunesha.nu/virusforum/viewtopic.php?t=2241

Last night I had a nightmare. In that dream I played that ballad clip (which I had completely forgotten) to a friend of mine and in that dream that clip had my vocals and 80's drums. Then I just commented that track to my friend: "This sounds like that Norwegian band. What was it called... Oh, it was A-ha!". Then I woke up all sweaty. I was horrified. 80's stuff! And it sounded good! That made me worry.

I could still remember exactly how the song sounded like and I even remembered the editions on the melodies I had done in that dream! So I just thought that what the hell, let's try to replicate the version of that dream. I made the drums, added quick pad background and sung the track. So here's the early beta version: www.kolumbus.fi/juho.lepisto/Balladi-demotus.mp3

And this really sounds quite good. It's really weird feeling to make a track that doesn't have been never done but you have already heard the final version. ?hih. John Bleak, Depeche Mode of Finland.

I built a microphone stand from a table lamp and a floor mop and I noticed that with a stand it's really easy to sing. And other good thing is that my Genesis sing-a-long fetish really shows on the pronouncing, which is nice.

This is also a first track that I sung about an octave higher than usual.

So please post some feedback on this demo clip. Don't mention anything of the sounds, they are just quick presets.