View Single Post
Old 14.02.2006, 08:45 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
I can't seem to get a handle on the bass. I want it to resonate nicely, but I keep judging it differently from one minute to the next. I know my monitor speakers are shit, and the acoustics in the room aren't the best. Am I attempting the impossible to control the bass without proper acoustics?
One thing you can do is play the mix on a variety of different monitors, in different places. Check the mix in the car, on a stereo, at a friends place...

Figure out what is wrong with your room, and compensate. As long as you know your monitors well, and know their shortcomings, you should be able to get a good mix from them.

Edit: Finally got a chance to listen. Nice track. I like the minimalist feel. The mix sounds OK here in regards to bass. The kick really stands out, nice and thumping. I like the way the track builds and builds, without adding anything too noticable

Sweet!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60