View Single Post
Old 29.04.2005, 09:42 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

^ Very true

Manufacturers such as Korg and Roland are very impersonal these days. Ive tried asking them questions....and do I get a response....nope.

Dont worry Ben about your response. No apology needed.....hell thats the beauty of this forum. You can say what you like....and its good to have this freedom. At the end of the day there is a bloody fine line between selling a ?1500 synth (and selling decent numbers) and selling a synth for ?1700 and shifting half the numbers. Ive done business at A-Level....so I am all too aware of the factors involved in making a finanacially viable product. This was partly Waldorf's downfall.....they didnt quite hit the pricepoint customers were prepared to pay.

At the end of the day, the new features of the TI are great and there *is* nothing on the market to compare it too. I for one have ranted abit recently (I think at some point everyone has/does)....but have I gone out and bought a ?800 NL2x....nope! I know at the back of my mind I'd regret the decision...and like most things in life....you goto sometimes wait for things worth having.

So, in the meantime...im just biding my time

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....