View Single Post
Old 22.06.2007, 08:39 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Default A Personal appeal to all Infekted's - dig deep folks!... please...

Hi All

I really hope you don't mind my posting this on Infekted, as I know there are may worthwhile organisations already after our well earned money, but I have a personal request to everyone here.

My wife and I have two very good friends, Rob and Liz: who have a young son, Mason who has Cystic Fibrosis. Mason and my daughter Heather are in school together in the same class and always play together - they have been the closest of friends - boyfriend and girlfriend if you will - for years. hough a lively, active and extremely bright young lad, Mason has Cystic Fibrosis, and undergoes a daily regime of physiotherapy, nebulised antibiotics, inhalers, oral antibiotics, nutritional supplements, vitamin supplements and oral medication to aid digestion. On a good day he takes in excess of 30 tablets and has an hour-and-a-half of intensive physiotherapy (and that is when he is well). Remember, this is a daily regime.

These people are the salt of the earth, and Rob always does things for charity. he's on a campaign for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust to have his head shaved totally bald - all in the name of this good cause.

I have a thread on theMouthPiece.com that I'd love for you to visit and have a read of, and if the feeling takes you - then feel free to click on the link and make a donation to see if we can beat his target which is set at £1,000 (GBP). Personally, I feel with the help of those kind people on my site, and the generosity of all you TI owners here - we can easily surmount his target. Rob does not know I am doing this, and has said to me he feels he may have set the goal of £1,000 too high - but I honestly think he and Liz will be gobsmacked when they find out how their campaign tally is rising so much.

Please would you consider helping me here, and visiting my page where all the details can be found. I can personally reassure everyone here and those who know me, I don't ask for things like this, and in fact have never even done this on my own forum... that Rob and Liz are wonderful people, who would do anything for anyone despite what they go through with their gorgeous son Mason on a daily basis. The really do deserve all the help they can get.

So, forgive me if my appeal is out of line, but please do consider helping me. Here is a photograph of Heather and Mason - and on which is obvious to see how close they are.

Here is the link to the story and photographs on my site where all the details can be found. If you do find it in your heart to donate, please tell us where you came from (Infekted/tMP etc). Many, many thanks to you all for getting this far, please continue to the link...

John