View Single Post
Old 12.09.2011, 06:18 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Just a quick rundown of the differences between C and TI:
(...).
If you say it like this, the TI2 has indeed a LOT more to offer I just found that, after upgrading from my KB, it didn't feel like 2000 Euro more of sound value
No, I love my TI2, it's one of the best synths ever made. But you made some good points there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
The Virus has such a lot of competition sound-wise in terms of soft-synths which sound fantastic and offer mammoth flexibility now, especially as the Virus hardware costs thousands while soft-synths cost a tenth of that. I feel Access need to add extra value to the hardware, new functionality

But I don't think soft synths are really a threat.
This is why:
I was this short > < to installing MacOS Lion, when I found out that half my software-Synths would not work properly, especially the "old" ones from Korg and Waldorf which I love and use very often. That made me aware again how valuable hardware synths are and why the price tag is so high.
This isn't a new thesis, even Dave Smith said it, and he must know, as he made the first soft synth
Talking of Dave Smith, the Tetra is of course a great machine. But do yourself a favor and check some monosynths as well, Oscillator.
At least Dave Smith MoPho, Evolver, Moog Little Phatty (yummy!), Analogue Solutions Telemark and Leipzig S stuff. They couldn't be any more different Oh, and check out the Waldorf Blofeld, just for cheap and dirty fun
With PC and Live8 you should be on the safe side when it comes to total integration of the TI.
When it comes to extra functionality to the hardware,
I'd be happy if they made all functions editable from the hardware (like arp patterns) and would *cough cough* made total integration usable on Macs and Logic *cough*