View Single Post
Old 04.11.2003, 09:43 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Alot of the real analogs that were made in the 80's had serious problems......just as modern synths do today.

Ive had 5 Virus KC's and now that I have one which is 100% im very happy. Its so fucking irratating to have a synth with problems. My Jupiter 8 fucked up on me and that was depressing......but thats life. If u have a synth with no problems be it hardware or software........u're in the minority.

Of all the new synths Ive used/owned (Nord 2, Nord 3, Novation Supernova II, KS5, JP8000, Waldorf Q) I personally think the Virus IS the best built synth on the market. Because the Virus is mass produced (lets face it, what isnt nowadays) and esembled by migrants from eastern Europe...its not supprising that there will be some units with flaws/problems. Id probably say 10% of Virus' that roll off the production line are fucked in someway.....and its probably the same for most other manufacturers. The first 4 Virus KC's I had were fooked.....and that cant be coincidence?!

All that matters to me now, is that I have a mint, 100% working Virus and im using it to make some nice ambient sounds.

DS