Thread: Song production
View Single Post
Old 21.04.2005, 09:50 PM
Pro
Pro

Well...

Once I have a good loop going, what I usually do, is just copy and paste it out till its roughly a song length. Then I write a half a dozen fills and insert them in the key transitional bars, so that even just listening to the loops you get a feel for when the song wants to change. Then, I spend hours and hours deleting different parts from different sections, this is when the song starts to take shape. Then I'll spend a couple nights working on the breakdown, buildups, drops etc. Then I'll go and do some more deleting. Then I'll add a couple extra tricksy fills to some key areas or take the bassline out of 8 bars in a certain section, things like this to add variation. Then I'll spend days and days working on beefing all the sounds up and getting everything to sit in the mix nicely.

I wouldn't say that I recommend this as the best way to work, but its what I have been doing lately. If anyone has a better idea, please let me know.

Hope this has been helpful.