View Single Post
Old 12.11.2009, 03:50 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthsonix View Post
Can anyone confirm for me positively or negatively whether its possible to use the the Virus filters for signal processing externally on a Virus C?
Positive. You can route it through the entire filter section including saturation, resonance, the envelopes, and even through the amp section/envelopes... as well as the effects.

Quote:
I can use the reverb and effects but was unseccessful at trying to filter say my drum machine through the Virus.
Jump into your menus, the input menu (on my Virus B it's in the effects menu, you'll have to scroll to the far left, before the Vocoder, ring mod and envelope follower settings), and change the Input Mode to 'Static' or 'Dynamic' instead of simply 'to effects'.

Static is 'always on' (the input gate is wide open). Whereas Dynamic needs you to press a key on the virus to gate the external input through - which is ideal for using the filter and amp envelopes on the Virus to process external audio, treating the external audio as if it were an oscillator.