View Single Post
Old 23.03.2006, 12:46 PM
New here
New here

Good luck with the Nord. The Lead 3 is still one of my gear lusts.

Having tested back to back though, I bought the Virus because comparing polyphony, oscillator sources, available effects, modulation matrices and LED displays, the Virus synths [and their rich, creamy sound] were better specified, and more in keeping with my musical style. The Lead 3 impressed me with its FM implementation, its smooth highpass filters, and its LED knobs, though. [I don't want a flame war, Clavia can have some of my money too if they want! I'm looking for a Lead 1 as we speak!]

I have to ask, though. Are you using the Nord Lead with a MIDI USB interface and Audio cables? If so, that's how most of us use the Virus.

VST integration aside, using external hardware as external hardware, it's a straight comparison between the two synths on features and sound alone. For me, the Virus is the more appropriate. I hope you enjoy the Nord [I'm sure you will, who wouldn't love that red case!], and that you feel you made the right choice, rather than returning the virus on principle.

I still want VC to work as advertised, though; or at least use it as a patch librarian/ synth control unit. The TI side did help sway my decision, and although I don't need it, I feel it's Access duty to deliver their promise. I'm sure they will.