View Single Post
Old 13.04.2015, 04:14 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Over here in the UK we have 'Later with Jools Holland' which is a sort of late night alternative platform for establishing artists as well as top names. It is more of a music show than a talk show like Letterman, though.
First time I passed over this part of your message, I figured since I'd never heard of Jools, it must not be a viewing option here in the US. Only now did I stop to realize the absurd number of channels I actually get that I never find time to watch, or even realize are there. A quick search in the iPad app for my DVR, and yep there it is. Looks like the kind of thing I was looking for. I've scheduled a few of his shows, the lineups look great based on descriptions.

Dave is great at what he does, and will be missed when he retires in a month. Honestly most of the bands at the end of the show get fast-forwarded through, as most of them don't appeal to me, but I've discovered (or rediscovered) a few gems over the years.

The descriptions I've seen when scheduling the Jools Holland shows for record look very promising. Thanks for the tip. At least I'll have a music show to watch. Most of the talk show hosts I've seen do not inspire me to watch... Kimmel was great on the Man Show with Corolla, but as a host behind the desk? Can't make myself keep watching. Similarly Fallon was great on SNL but the desk is not his gig. Colbert (Dave's replacement) has been playing a character all these years and is a genius at it, but suddenly he's going to do a talk-show as himself? Someone will have to let me know how that goes.