Old 02.12.2003, 05:07 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeN
not on the musical aspect though 8O
Hoho. I was joking.

Quote:
However I've recorded the bass a bit louder, compressed and eqed a bit... should be booming now (now you gonna tell me it's too boomy ;) )
No I won't tell its too boomy. Now I say you have serious EQ trouble. Have you used heavy EQ on this track? Middle frequencies are very loud so it sounds like I'm listening this through 20 euro battery operated cassette player. And still the bass lacks the really low end. It seems like it stops on 100Hz or something.

If you have EQ's on this track just remove them and start mastering all over again. To be frank the mastering sounds quite horrible to my ears right now. Mixing is good, but mastering drags this song into a swamp. Remember that the less EQ the better. Use EQ only if it's necessary. If you're having trouble in getting the mix to sound good without EQ, try to pan different parts to give every part its own position in the stereo image. Just a little bit panning can usually do wonders. Now it seems that everything on this track is in middle, which causes trouble.

Edit: Leave bass in the middle and pan other tracks.