View Single Post
Old 07.03.2010, 12:57 AM
Pro
Pro

Looked quite heavily into this and when first released thought it was worth the price tag of £2500 and out of my reach at that time. Couldve grabbed one a year aho for half that price new £1300, however, got a DSI prophet 08 instead, whilst it is different beast to the A6 the Pro*08 has a lovely smooth sound that I can't take myself away from.
The A6 is complex and as described a friend in a music store used the same term 'flaky' and I wasn;t overly impressed by the sound.
I like the warms and tweaks I can get from the Pro 08. The one i am really waiting for is the Wardolf Stromberg if it ever gets of a production line. Otherwise jsut bite the bullet and go for a Moog.
My personal vibe right now...of course it#s down to what you want, need and like.

Another option of course if you want n anologue soun is take you Virus and by a/some moog pedals filters or route it through a shermann filterbank.

Many more options than jsut a synth

hope this helps

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx