View Single Post
Old 06.05.2011, 07:23 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Interesting. Yes, the KB definately is an octave higher. I can see this in the waveforms too (after dragging them into Wavelab). Sub-osc aside, might you have the KB increased by +12 semitones in the Global Transpose settings (in the Ctrl menu), or vice versa on the TI2? These settings would bypass any patch data and could cause the effect heard.

On a separate issue, it's always going to be slightly difficult comparing some patches on both keyboards at once due to the free-running, time variant nature of the oscillators, LFOs etc, on either, and the different levels coming from each synth (VirusTi +4dBu [balanced] vs. VirusB -10dBV [unbalanced]), as you noted and compensated for.
Oops, you were right I was just expecting them to sound differently, so I didn't notice first. So they're even closer...
As I said, it is only a little difference, and nothing that should prevent you from buying a TI2. All over the internet are posts that say that the KB sounds somewhat "warmer" than other Viruses. I really can't say that. It's a little "louder", but that's relative, as we know