View Single Post
Old 05.05.2011, 07:12 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Ok, I did the testing...

.... and what came out is quite interesting:

I played a short sequence on the KB (very badly, and while I was on the phone, so no technique show-off here hehe), recorded the audio through my audio interface, and midi through my midi interface.
Then I hooked up my TI2, played the midi sequence with exactly the same patch and was surprised that an oscillator octave seems to have been missing. Where has it gone? Fishing?

left channel: original KB sound (- some db)
right channel: Ti2 sound (+ some db)

( EDIT: I removed the sound file url, because it was messing with my sondcloud stats. Any Ideas where I can host this file?
The Forum itself only allows smaller files. )

funny, eh?

I was searching for the lost oscillator and didn't find it. Until I realized that the sub osc knob gave me back my lost octave
So, as you can hear it, it is very similar, but not the same.
I thought I remebered that the sound was a little bit muffled (and blamed the EQ), but what really happened was that the sub osc took away my octave.
After some knob twiddling I could reproduce my KB sound 1:1, of course.
I hope I could clear this up a little. I only did this because I wished I had an audio comparison before I bought the TI2.
In conclusion, you can say that the TI2 sounds exactly like the KB, but has to be convinced a little *whip whip*

Last edited by Barely : 10.05.2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: had to remove URL