View Single Post
Old 18.04.2010, 06:46 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrinoland View Post
have u guys bought it??
I've tried the demo, and it was impressive. With all available sound banks it was around $500, which was about the price of Omnisphere, and for whatever reason (I don't remember) I went with Omnisphere last year instead. My most recent toy is the TI2 desktop which is going to preclude any expensive VST purchases for a while.

Alchemy might have actually been a better choice in retrospect for the type of music I do, but both are nice to have for sample/synth hybrids. Omni can do a lot of the cinematic - type "too good to be a softsynth" sounds like you hear out of Alchemy, though in trance I find myself not reaching for it as much as Zebra2, Synlenth and such.

I think a lot of the appeal (to me) about Alchemy was how "alive" and dynamic the sounds are, which I can get for any of my synths by putting CamelSpace on a mixer track for gating / chopping up and interesting modulations. The fact that its a mixer plugin and I can use it with any instrument is where the real value is I think.

So if you want to make some of your existing instruments have that "wow" sound like Alchemy, you might want to try CamelSpace for $85. Personally I think it contains all the functionality that is about 90% responsible for Alchemy sounding as good as it does.