View Single Post
Old 02.02.2006, 09:29 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEBASTIAN
Access is not as big a s Roland/yamaha/korg...its rather a small company that produces only one thing....Virus. so if people from access check out forums like this ,its because this small company/Employees depend on their sales.. ..we all know how powerful internet forums are when you think of buying new equipment, I bet there are many people who have been put off by the Ti because of these kind of Posts ......

we believe in Access, thats why we invested on their product in the first place.....but some of us feel very frustrated and disapointed instead of excited and inspired, and its not our fault.
The internet and forums in general....I should imagine....are the bane of every modern day company. One minute they can be great (esp if your getting rave reviews) the next they can be totally biased and negative. One thing the internet is not and thats consistent. Ive trolled through many forums and many posts in my time and ive heard/read crazy things. In my opinion an 'Official Access Virus Forum' would not be too great for the community as undoubtedly there will be some members making constant acusations that posts are being sensored.....Have you checked out the Moog forums lately?

Another thing....I appreciate some people (not all) have had some integration issues....but all too often when members come on here to post their rants (which to a certain extent is/are justified) they totally overlook the good aspects of the synth. Its almost as if the 'problem' then becomes the centre of attention of everything thats going wrong in that persons life at that moment - you know its true....ive been there and done the same thing. What is needed is some self control....its way too easy to get carried away.....and the cumulative effect of other posters (who maybe sharing your view) is dangerous.

Access released the TI when they did probably because they needed to start shifting units (makes besuiness sense doesnt it?!) and partly because we probably lulled them into a false sense of security by saying things like 'it doesnt matter....just release the f*$&er....we can live without the TI bit for now' etc etc. They almost certainly concluded that, although not an ideal situation....perhaps the user community would be prepared to put up with that. Also they probably needed alot more real world scenarious in order to get the TI fully integrated with the majority of peoples set ups (btw all these points are total speculation....I dont know that this was the case). Im sure it was a difficult decision on Access' part....but thats what they did....and now they are dealing with it - most software based companies release products which are not compatible for everyone.....the integration aspect of the TI is no different. Access have had a very good track record for the products and they always get it sorted in the end.....

You know....im a real advocate and campaigner of analog synths. Back in the day....if internet had of been around....I wonder how true analogs would have faired......can you imagine what would have happened if people started slagging off drifting oscilators etc etc. Analog would have been dead and buried.... In the beginning there were alot of failures.....

With reference to you feeling dissapointed and frustrated....I feel your pain and i've been there.....but this is life i guess - i dont have an answer for that one

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....