View Single Post
Old 05.10.2013, 04:49 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Bare in mind that the new Maschine does not - in any way - render the previous useless or outdated. The new one is intended to be their flagship model, with better interface and screens, but it's also the bigger one, hence it's name "Maschine Studio", as they (and pretty much anyone) can foresee this as a unit more suited for studio work then live performance where size does indeed matter!

Not only it doesn't entirely replace or make the previous models feel old, you can actually see the previous getting better with the software updates - and god knows that matters for keeping things interesting!

I think the idea behind Push and Maschine is way to similar! Both - like Berni said - can't live without their dedicated software behind them. There are tradeoffs to this approach as compared to a totally stand alone unit like the classic MPC, but there are also advantages and I think they're doing a tremendous job at making them stand out! You can turn your ideas into great sounding music with no sync or recording issues at all while having fun with an interface and that's half the job done btw! I think we will see more and more products like this!