Thread: Access News
View Single Post
Old 18.03.2014, 08:58 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Exactly. The Virus TI range has changed more since it's inception then from first Virus to C combined. It's still based on the same sound engine though and perhaps the time has come for some going back to basis for them. I bet they know how to read the market and they're aware of this.

I think their best bet would be to continue to make the Virus a sound designer's dream by introducing some features that it's lacking to the engine. If we're realistic about it, even though the filters do sound good to me, they could be improved - and there's plenty of good examples out there nowadays, as I'm sure they must be aware of.

Your signature here says it all: I to would like to see user drawable waveforms for both oscillator and lfo sections. LFO's should have a much wider range, covering the whole audio range would be nice. If they're really smart about it, since the waveforms on oscillators and lfos are the same, this could mean that you'd have access to similar modulation madness as you do with NI's Massive and perhaps even vector style like you see on some Waldorf's.

This would mean a Virus that's even more suitable for modern times and a machine that offers a very wide range of sonic possibilities, more so then it does nowadays.

Of course they need to work on the integration issue, but highly doubt (because time is passing) that's the reason they're not presenting anything new for a while.

On Kemper's page it says:

"Digital gurus

Developed by the designers of the Access Virus synthesizer - 15 years of innovations in audio."

I think the price tag on the Virus is to high to let people suspect that the crew is investing all their time and energy elsewhere and they'd do well to tease the public with at least the thought they're up to something because - honestly - it's starting not to look so good...

may as well say it: also ready to buy a ti3 whenever it shows up! and agree with you about the forum, we could use more enthusiasm and sharing tips and tricks for our synths like we used to...