View Single Post
Old 12.10.2004, 04:13 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Much better now. Now it seems that the drums lost some punch.
Cheers! Yeah I know, the drums get a little lost now.....I will experiment
Quote:
I'm not sure did you added the distortion to the bass, but if you did just a little bit more wouldn't hurt.By the way why the bass sounds like it's a sub bass?
Yeah, I did run the bass track through my bass POD on a real dirty fuzz distortion preset, I will bring it up a little. I agree with the 'sub' comment, the bass need more form, more character......
Quote:
Solo guitar a bit louder. Vocals sound pretty good now althought they could be a bit wider on the chorus.
Im actually thinking of starting from scratch.....I think I can do better if I take my time and 'listen' carefully. I think this mix is too rushed. I had to compromise, as with the processing I want to do, I had to mix the song in sections, and then bounce each section to stereo, then move onto the next section, and I think I created more problems by trying to conserve my CPU power cos I was running too many plug-ins.

Oh, I wish I had some UAD-1 or Powercore action!

Cheers for the feedback!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60