View Single Post
Old 08.03.2006, 03:46 PM
New here
New here

Default descision on a new synth ( Virus Ti or Korg Radius )

Now that many of you have had time with your Ti's I was wondering if you could relate your experince using it. What you've loved and hated.

I am in the market for my next synth and am considering the Ti or the Korg Radius. See Radius Link...http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_...&category_id=1

So far I've determined that I do like the Ti ( integration features, appearing as a soft synth etc ) , but on the other hand I think that the physcial layout of the knobs of the Korg MS2000 / Radius to be a lot more logical. I used to own a MS2000 and a Virus A, and much preferred the layout of the MS2000 ( note that the radius layout is based on the same ). The Ti's knob layout doesn't look all that impressive/logical to me. For me personally I've found that a logical layout of the knobs goes a long way for the understanding, enjoyment and programmatibility of a synth, its all personal preference I realise.

Can anyone here share their views and experience on the matter? I know Korg is pricing this in direct competition with the Virus... historically Korg has never really led the way or stolen the thunder from whats 'in', they always sat on the sidelines ( with good kit mind you )..... will korg do it this time?

thanks in advance for any advice, comments.

cheers[img][/img]
* Reason 3

HARDWARE
* Toshiba A70 P4 2.8 Laptop / 1 GB Ram
* EMU 1616m
* Doepfer Modular
* Focusrite Mixmaster
* Focusrite Voicemaster