View Single Post
Old 03.09.2008, 10:48 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytar View Post
the fact that you need to open up MIDI tracks and route their outputs to trigger the 16 parts/instances of the vst plugin means, those are just MIDI tracks, and you don't have VST control over it....that almost goes against the point of this whole TI thing for me...
You open a midi track , set it to virus ti and then choose the midi channel number. Once in virus control you can select up to 3 usb outs or 3 analogue outs.
Your 3 usb outs can get vst automation just like any other vst synth and depending on your DAW software and soundcard, you can also route the analogue outs to VSTs.

Quote:
in fact, trying to do automations for clips for different tracks and always having to go back to the one instance of it was really doing my head in....it's easier even to do it with my indigo 2...
You are recording a single synth part as audio then ? What is to stop you doing that and keeping a muted midi channel of the parts just incase you need to tweek the sound.

Quote:
The first instance of it works the way it should, when you do automations,
you are tweaking the controls as VST parameters, not as MIDI CC....
the first 3 instances of it work the way you think it should. You can assign any amount of vst effects to 3 stereo usb virus channels. I do wish I had a choice to decide if I wanted 3x stereo or 6x mono channels.... But thats another topic.

Quote:
Wouldnt it just make more sense for it to work like any VST synth instance?
You dont open up Vanguard, and then separate midi tracks that control
all the instances of Vanguard should you need multiple ones...
Vanguard is a soft synth , the virus is a hardware synth. Hardware synths usually have to be controlled via midi and recorded via analogue outs recorded through a soundcard into your pc. The virus somewhat bridges that gap and gives you a choice on which way you would like to use it.

Quote:
Why wouldnt this be possible anyways? If you have a TC powercore,
different plugins can be placed in different tracks without a problem...
so why the TI? oh why....

Any wise words from anyone?
Powercore is either firewire or PCI while the virus is USB v1. Alot more data can be passed through a pci or firewire port than through a usb v1 port.
Also the virus powercore is a cut down virus B/indigo/classic and can't do alot of the Ti sounds.

Maybe the answer is simple.. The Ti just isn't for you.