View Single Post
Old 06.11.2013, 01:21 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
This is one reason that using my Mac and Logic didn't work out well in my case. Because I do iOS development, I have to be on the bleeding edge with regard to Apple updates. It would completely fark my music environment to do that.

Microsoft isn't good at everything, but they are quite good at maintaining backward compatibility. It's amazing that most software written 35 yrs ago still runs on the latest and greatest version of Windows.
Yeah, we used to have that on macs as well. The more drastic change was when they switched from IBM based computers to Intel, of course. So a lot of older plug-ins were lost during this change, some were made universal binary so as to serve all the people and now everything for mac is for one platform only. Developers adopted this transition spirit and really put an effort to make hybrids for both architectures...

Ok, a change in architecture is a good reason to change things. But 32 to 64 bit just because isn't. And certainly some minor updates to the OS isn't either.