View Single Post
Old 13.10.2004, 10:10 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Juho L & Nimismies - Valtakunta

http://www.kolumbus.fi/juho.lepisto/...ntaDemotus.mp3

The second part of the Kunta trilogy. This time a little bit more serious than the first part, Ihmiskunta. This is also a first piece of a co-op project of me and Nimismies. Nimismies writes the lyrics and sings and I'll do the composing & production part + probably sing on this one.

This is a very rough demo (made in two hours). Everything is done in Kontakt. At the moment guitars and bass are sampled (although the guitars tend to sound pretty good for a sampled ones) but I'm going to get real instruments there for the final version. The vocals are still replaced with a saw lead due the fact that I can't record anything in Cubase with these KX drivers and also the lyrics are still unfinished.

The reason why I put this totally unfinished clip here is that this just came up too easily and this sounds bloody excellent. I'm getting suspicious. The melody - especially on the chorus - is annoyingly familiar, but I just can't put my finger on where I have heard it. I've played this clip for few people and everyone of them have said that it sounds familiar. So if any of you guys recognize the melody, please, let me know. At the moment I would bet my kidney that the melody is an accidental plagiarism. But if it isn't then I'll lose a kidney and congratulate myself for bloody good chorus. ?hih.