View Single Post
Old 27.12.2013, 10:59 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

My music purchases this holiday were quite modest -- having already added hardware and software earlier in the year to my setup, I realized that I have all the instruments I need for now, and ergonomic issues were more in the way of my music making than anything else.

Specifically I got the (overpriced, but awesome) Maschine stand and mounted it on a Roland PDS-10 stand. This gets the unit off my table, freeing up plenty of space for (ahem) maybe a future piece of gear just to the left of my primary MIDI controller (where I would want the knobs to be), and puts it at an angle that is an ergonomic game changer. You don't realize how much the angle really matters until this is done. One of the original reasons I got Maschine was to satisfy my percussive lust as a former drummer, unfortunately I found myself not physically "playing" Maschine as often as I should because of space crowding and the angle of the unit. Now, it is much easier to work the pads, knobs, and to see the display screens, too. I started playing it differently and more naturally instantly after setting it up.

Great purchase and highly recommended unless you already have ergonomic bliss with your Maschine via some other method already.