View Single Post
Old 26.07.2011, 10:47 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEY View Post
This is completly bullsh#t
You can use your own audiointerface with Virus control running. You can use the Virus ti as your soundcard, but you can also switch to any other audio interface.

The sofware is not buggy. Off course some user experience problems, but this is mostly caused by the PC configuration, not the software of the Ti itself.

You can use the Ti on 3 ways:
1. Via total integration (USB and virus control)
2. via Midi over USB
3. old fashion midi cables.

So always go for the TI !! The TI has much more possibillities and
Access is still develloping the software. There are still coming new updates with more functionality.

Cheers
Sorry, but I disagree - at least for my config:
On my Mac / OSX Snow Leopard / Logic 9 / Focusrite Saffire pro 40 Firewire interface it doesn't work well. Whatever buffer size / config I choose: Choppy audio, Virus crashes. Not funny, I only use the TI part to copy sounds between banks. Logic is just not so happy with the virus. Which is bad, because it's THE standard in DAWs
I use it as a (heavily overpowered) monotimbral synth right now.
It's one of the greatest sounding synths out there, but if you have the above combination (Mac/Logic/other interface), then you will almost certainly run into trouble. The KC has both the suboscillator as well as the "moog" filters (which are great, but lightyears away from a real moog btw), so I'd say a KC or TI 1 in good condition is the better choice.

The Total Integration part of the TI is unusable for me. I upgraded from a Virus KB to TI2, and begin to realize that a used TI or KC would have been better.

If you run Windows / Ableton / no other audio interface, and plan to fire 16 tracks of different Virus instruments live without bouncing, then the TI2 is still the way to go.