View Single Post
Old 19.10.2004, 04:49 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Thanks for all the feedback!

*Too much bass - I agree.....I ran the mix through a Multi-band compressor and was a little "trigger happy" on the bottom end. This could account for the "Virus-Sub" too.....

*Vocals too loud - yep......I agree too! They need to sit on top, without being too over-bearing. I will try Juho's compression trick.

*Vocals too wimpy - Yup....I think his voice is a little "thin", and the mic we used to record didnt compliment his voice. I will try some EQ or tape/tube distortion??

*Drums too weak - Hmmm....they do get lost a little. I will try some EQ/Compression to pull them up a bit.

*Bass Distortion - There is some there...added with my Bass POD, but in the parts where there is only a bass lick and no other instruments, I have taken out the distorted bass part......it gets a little lost with the distortion of the guitars, so you cant really hear it, though it does fill in the low-end distortion where the guitars dont quite reach. I will bring it up a little more.

HollowCell - Recorded at school on a Digi-001 with Behringer ADA8000 preamps, no outboard/plug-ins during recording, and recorded using an old PC and NS10's......oh yeah, and crappy headphones too! You can hear the click track at the end of the song GODDAMMIT~~~

Thanks again everyone! Appreciate the honesty......

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60