View Single Post
Old 20.08.2009, 06:29 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

^ Above shows the all ribbon cables and their use. The mainboard, pitch+mod wheels, and headphone ribbon cables all need to be labelled, well I did anyway in case I forgot which is which (three cables are identical), and then disconnected.

^ The front fascia on its own. All the circuitry is behind this. It's effectively a Virus B Desktop! You could make your own chassis and end-cheeks if you wanted.

I digress. All the rubber knobs need to be removed - they can be simply pulled off (as shown above).

^ The front fascia flipped over, showing all the circuitry. On the bottom right are all the rear analogue output jack sockets. On the far left are the pitch+mod wheels.

^ The same photo, but labelled using respective colours. The 'mainboard' piggy-backs onto the 'front panel fascia board' (where the knobs are), so in order to get to the underside of the knobs on the fascia board (to de-solder and re-solder them) it will be necessary to take the mainboard off.

^ This is all that remains of the (now separated) chassis itself. You can see the PSU, and the ribbon cable controller board.

^ The PSU still needs to be disconnected from the main fascia and mainboard circuitry, but what's this?

^ Seems the on/off rocker switch was slightly loose so either Access-Music or the former owner used two wooden toothpicks (I'd actually removed one in that photo) to wedge open the retaining clips of the switch more securely to the chassis. Is this done by Access and commonplace on all Indigos, one asks?

^ Looking at the rear panel. All the highlighted screws are to be removed....

^ .... followed by the screws on the front-panel fascia board itself.

^ After disconnecting the two ribbon cables (separating the mainboard from both the front panel and LCD), the mainboard can eased off of the standoffs and lifted away.

Continued...