View Single Post
Old 15.02.2006, 10:39 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I like the tracks, the vocals sound cool and dreamy, almost like Royskopp. They have a commercial appeal to them.

As far as mastering, Im wondering what in fact you did do if there was no Dynamics processing? EQ and compression (both dynamic processes) are usually used in mastering.

There was not much change I could pick between the un-mastered and mastered versions, mainly due to the fact of the MP3 quality, although the mastered version did appear slightly clearer. Both were near same volume (although I didnt check this through a wave editor, just through Quicktime player and meters). Your un-mastered track was quite loud to begin with, so I guess there wasnt much more volume to be squeezed out if you didnt use a compressor.

It takes a lot of dedication to be a mastering engineer, and a real good set of ears too. I dont bother with it.

You mix sounded great. Nice track

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60