View Single Post
Old 09.05.2015, 09:57 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Default Emu Extreme Lead

Hey folks,

I've been struggling with my Snows 4 channel limit for a little while now, so I finally decided to add something else to my home setup. I couldn't afford another Virus, just yet, so I settled for an Emu Extreme Lead XL-1. Would have preferred a Roland JD-990, but man, those bad boys are pricey!

Anyway, I'm currently doing some basic sound tests and comparisons and figuring out what it's good for. It certainly doesn't have the immediate warmth or versatility of the Snow, and it does seem to be a bit limited, dynamics wise, but so far, I'm liking the bite and crispness it's bringing to the table. As an example, I'm using UK Bass (Rom 2 7-6?) patch on the Snow for my Blue Monday bass and have found an equivalent on the XL. The Emu patch doesn't have the meat of the Snow patch, but man, when you mix the two together....WOW!

Anyone else have any experience with any of the Emu Proteus ROMplers? Just starting to get into tweaking and programming, so any advice appreciated!

P.S: Might also buy the Composer ROM for it, so I also have basic piano, strings, guitar-type sounds.

Cheers,

EG