View Single Post
Old 17.08.2012, 06:26 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
ohhh! you got the apollo, is it as good as you were expecting. Everytime I log on gearsluts I see the advert and it makes me want to buy it.
Wassup man. TBH I have been really busy & not had a lot of time to spend with it since I got it. Just about got through the quick start manual & watched a few tutorials but so far I'm loving it. It works great with Live & Pro tools & is also good in stand alone. The best part is I can actually use the Virus Control software with it! Yeah! For the first time since I got it 4 years ago my Virus is actually integrated! Of course you can use any VST or AU plug ins with it & you can also use any midi keyboard if you prefer that to the pads. The pads are very responsive & I actually prefer them to the Akai ones. I primarily got it to put down beats with but you could do a whole track with it without even going into your DAW. I'm probably going to use it with Live for most of my future projects & also in stand alone to just make up loops & such.
If you have had an MPC in the past & like the pattern based work flow then this thing will blow you away with its flexibility, cant recommend it enough for the $.