View Single Post
Old 03.09.2004, 02:22 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
oh my
that looks so vintage and yellow from old age
hehehe.....that yellowish tinge is actually just the lighting from my room, cos I didnt use the flash on my camera, so it didnt come up too well, but I can assure you it is actually very silver (the channel modules)....and in very good condition for a 30 year old mixer!

I finished my soldering, and have hooked up the inserts so they act as direct outs, feeding the inputs to my MOTU 2408mk3. The first mic I plugged in was my shitty old behringer dynamic (XM8500) and I tell you what, I have never heard this mic sound so good. It has an added fullness and depth that was never present before, and I hate to say it cos it is very cliched, but it also displayed a fantastic warmth on vocals. And all this from a $30 mic.

Next up, my trusty Rode NT1. Normally this is quite a thin sounding mic, with a slight emphasis in the mid-high range, which made it sound quite bright. The Studer fixed that right up, and it too displays some warm and full characteristics that were never before present.

I have to go to bed now, but tomorrow I will try out all the rest of my mics, and I guess I should go through each of the pre-amps to check that they work.......fun fun fun!

I am doing some more recordings of my Venezuelan friend soon, and I will post them when they are done so you can all hear this thing.

So far so good.......

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60