Thread: Polar Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 22.01.2006, 03:52 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Welcome Alan to the inbred, six fingered, dark strange world that is to be a Virus TI owner!

I currently own a TI 61 note synth and I am running OS 1.07. Although the OS is far from being perfect, I have not given in to the temptation of updating to 1.08 due to the many problems some users have had in doing so - as they have had to revert back to 1.07. I am waiting for the big "OS 1.1" which will hopefully improve things in leaps and bounds.

In relation to your crashing issue - mine has occasionally done this. (a digital explosion at fantastic volume through my headphones was my last near deaf experience.) What I have noticed is that if I want to just play in standalone mode, I will unplug the USB cable before powering the unit on - and so far I have had no further crashes.

When I want to use it within Logic on my Mac, I plug the USB cable into my TI, power up the Mac first and then power on my TI before opening Logic. This ritual also seems to of helped stop my previous regular crashing. (note that I also do this holding a lucky rabbits foot and a copy of the bible thinking only pure thoughts, just for that extra stability)

It might be a bit empty at the Access office at the moment - as they are all on the piss at the NAMM show for the next few days. But hopefully they will get back to you - they may supply you with a decent work-around to get your TI working smoothly in your set up.

I would say that if you have purchased your unit as from new - I would take it straight back to Turnkey and exhange it for another one if you have found marks and scratches on it. (write down the serial number on the back/bottom of your TI - so they don't feed you the same one back.) If they quote you a 3-4 week wait, grab your refund and buy it from someone else, although Turnkey are the UK's only authorised TI dealer they are certainly not the only option - grab one from www.Thomann.de - Even if you may have to wait a week or two to get another one - at least OS 1.1 will be out by then and you can hit the ground running.

Good luck.