View Single Post
Old 23.03.2006, 01:46 PM

Actually, I daresay it's the Mac users with the most requests for help. PC user's running SX3.1 generally seem to have the least amount of problems. Notice I said 'generally', so we don't need SX users chiming in saying their systems don't work.

If the issues you are having are small enough that they seem "fly-like" to you, then it's not probably really an issue eh? Reinstalling the OS is NOT that hard, nor does it take that much time, provided of course you have all your important data backed up properly (which you should be doing anyway). If it makes your TI work perfectly, or a least noticeably better, than I can't help but think it's time well spent no?

Personally, I think all computer based musicians should be doing fresh installs regularly (3-6 months) to keep things running smoothly and bug free. If you use an imaging program like Norton's Ghost, this is VERY easy to do. Once you have XP and SP2 installed, tweak the OS the way you want, and then make an image file of that partition. Now, whenever you want to do a fresh install of your apps, it only takes like 5 minutes to reimage the drive with this ghost, and then you can reinstall your apps and drivers. Or you can wait until you have all the apps installed to make a ghost, to save even more time. I do both.