View Single Post
Old 30.09.2004, 11:27 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Remix contest 2 - The second try

Last time this thing didn't work. What about now when we have some fresh blood on the forum. Anyone interested in a small remix contest? The idea of this contest is not to remix with a taste of blood in your mouth. The idea is to just have some fun and see what kind of version people get from a certain track. It's interesting to listen to the results, it's fun and it offers a great way to get away from your producing routines.

Like I wrote in one introduction thread last week, most people forget to have fun an be silly from their serious music producing, and when they forget to be silly, they tend to recycle the techniques they know. This contest is a good way to relax and just have fun with music instead of tweaking your serious tracks while wrinkling your forehead. And what's the best, you can now force yourself to learn new tricks and do things you never dared to try before. We could pick a totally absurd track for remixing so that you can be a MacGyver of music. Last contest just flatted when most of the people said they didn't have time for this kind of nonsense. Let's hope we have better results this time. This is not an ordinary nonsense. This is that kind of nonsense that develops you as a producer.

I repeat: This is not a serious contest. We don't contest to see who's the best. We just have fun. In the end when everyone has their remix done, we could gather the links in one thread and then start an open voting (i.e. everybody pick top-3 with three points for the first place, two points for second place and one point for third place). The winner gets a virtual medal or something.