View Single Post
Old 15.02.2009, 04:33 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Just installed beta OS 3.0 to try it out and I have to say this release is SCARY.

Before anyone blows up at me, I have already reported these problems to Access support (via their webpage form).

So here's what I spent most of today doing:
After installing the new OS software and firmware I loaded up Cubase (SX 3.1.1), created a new project and inserted an instance of Virus TI under VST Instruments. Virus Control came up saying "Syncing", and hung at the 2nd bar (so about 2% through?). I closed the VC and Cubase, rebooted my PC and tried again. This time, VC loaded up (but didn't sync), and playing notes on my keyboard (set up properly in Cubase to send to the Virus TI plugin as usual) SEEMED to be working - the VST interface was receiving the notes, but no audio. Furthermore, changing patches in VC did not change the patch on the hardware display.

Hmm, "seems to not have a USB connection" I thought... Closed Cubase, unplugged the Virus (with power on), BOOM, Windows (Vista SP1) crashes (BSOD) and reboots within a few seconds -- I didn't even have time to read what the BSOD said.

After the reboot, I load up Cubase and again try to insert an instance of VC, but this time I get the picture of a stethoscope and "Cannot connect to Virus TI..." (or thereabouts) message.

Since then, I've spent 3 hours uninstalling, unplugging/replugging USB, pulling the power cord and replugging holding 'Exit', and trying all number of previous driver versions, completely unable to simply go back to a previous firmware! OS 2.7.5 installed fine, but even with the Virus in OS-update mode I could NOT get the 2.7.5 firmware installed.

FINALLY I have now (somehow?!) managed to get firmware 2.5.1 installing.

What a nightmare of a release!!