View Single Post
Old 25.12.2012, 12:25 PM
Pro
Pro

Yes, I have had the "Definitive Guide To The Evolver" since I firstly owned the desktop and have since bought a Mono Evolver Keyboard and have two desktop Evolvers polychained...it's one very cool synth and having the MEK's knobs/buttons really openned programming it like a whole new universe of sound and control!! I personally think the analog half of Evolver sounds much more fat and elastic than one voice of Prohpet 08 or Tetra.
That aforementioned guide, is indespensable in understanding much about instrument. Now, seeing the DSI User Manual that came with my Mono Evolver Keyboard---I think even THAT MEK manual should have come with the original desktop evolver. The MEK manual is very well-written and cannot say that about alot of manufacturer's manuals, most of which seem like someone coming from an engineering background rather than a musician's, in writing/content style.
I know we all hate critics but although I loved that piece, the reason I mentioned "everything going on in background", is that at least for my tastes and ears, thought the drum track was too much forward and in one's face...but that's just me.